Preparing for a funeral is not something that people do on a regular basis, which can add a measure of stress and uncertainty to an already emotional time. Fortunately, the friendly and compassionate staff at Mountain View Funeral Home and Cemetery will be with you each step of the way, providing helpful advice and assistance when you need it. There are a wide variety of details that need to be considered, and your funeral director will help you make sense of the questions that need to be answered while helping ensure that you stay within your stated budget and the needs of the deceased. Here’s what you need to know when making funeral arrangements.
How Do You Make Funeral Arrangements?
The process of making funeral arrangements includes a number of steps to complete and decisions to be made. A few of the activities to expect include:
- Making the first calls to inform the appropriate parties about the passing of your loved one and to arrange transportation.
- Review any pre-arranged funeral plans and meet with the funeral director.
- Determine if arrangements are already in place for a final resting place, or make those decisions and purchases.
- Purchase additional funeral and memorial items such as grave markers, casket, urns or burial vaults.
- Settle final matters of the estate.
How Long Does it Take?
Even with all of the activities required, you might be surprised to learn that most funeral arrangements are completed within only a few days. Having a qualified professional at your side throughout the process allows you to relax and trust that your best interests and those of the deceased are being considered at each stage of the process.
Do you have other questions about funeral etiquette or are you ready to plan your own final service? Contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff at Mountain View Funeral Home and Cemetery today at 480-832-2850 or via email to email@example.com for more information. Our family has been serving families in the Mesa, AZ area for decades, and we look forward to providing that same high-quality and caring support to your family.