Many people have questions about the cremation process. At Mountain View Funeral Home, we agree that it is important to ask questions when making a decision either for yourself or a loved one. For that reason, we have included a list of a few questions to ask a funeral home when considering cremation.
- Do you have your own crematory? Some funeral homes contract with a third-part crematory and need to transport the deceased’s body to another location for the actual cremation process. This can often increase the time for the return of the cremated remains back to the funeral home. If there is an on-site crematory, however, the body stays in the care of the funeral home and the same licensed funeral directors and cremation professionals are available to answer your cremation process questions.
- Are your licenses and permits up to date? Naturally, there are required regulations for funeral homes and crematoriums. Asking about current licenses and permits can reassure your confidence that your loved one will be cared for by those who care about doing things properly.
- Where is the body taken once it is picked up? As you will undoubtedly want to preserve the dignity of the decedent, you will want to know what happens from the moment the body is picked up to the time that all services are rendered.
- How do you ensure the identification of the body? This is an especially important question when it comes to the cremation process. Proper identification is the only way to know that the remains are of the deceased.
- Can we still hold a memorial or funeral service with the body present? Depending on your preferences or religious beliefs, you may want to consider having a funeral prior to the cremation process. You will want to ask the funeral provider if there is a casket available for this purpose, as well as what happens after the funeral or memorial is completed.
Of course, there are many other questions that you might have with regard to the cremation process. A good funeral director will be able to provide you with answers to your questions and more. Our staff at Mountain View Funeral Home is here for you if you would like to learn about the cremation process at our facility. We do have our on on-site crematory, as well as many other services that help to make your decisions easier.
Contact us here for more information on how we can help you.